Protecting Health Care Workers During the COVID-19 Global Pandemic
At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, health care workers were asked to work with highly infectious patients without the benefit of adequate personal protective equipment due to world-wide shortages. I.V. House has a history of creating products for patients based on needs expressed by nurses. Now for the first time ever we turned our focus to creating products for the health care workers themselves.
The FaceShield with ID Band has several features that make it ideal in the health care environment:
- The ID band is ideal for writing a name, title, or other message, which can be comforting to patients when faces are obscured by face masks and eye protection.
- A QR code on the ID band links to care and cleaning instructions, making it easier to find disinfection information.
- The faceshield is made from optically clear, medical grade anti-fog film.
- The strap fits most adults, and only needs to be adjusted to the correct size once.
- Comfortable foam cushion under the shield conforms to the wearer’s forehead.
- It can be worn with other PPE, including N95 or higher filtering facepiece respirators, or half facepiece elastomeric respirators.
- It comes with a paper bag suitable for PPE storage.
During the design and development phase of the FaceShield with ID Band, I.V. House partnered with Community Health Associates, LLC. for their expertise in clinical product development for an evaluation of the wearability and reusability of the device. Their recommendation for reprocessing or disinfecting the FaceShield with ID band is up to 50 times. You can read their full report here.
|FaceShield with ID Band Product Flyer|
|FaceShield Care and Cleaning Flyer|
|Disinfectant Compatibility Report|