TLC Wrist Splint
The TLC® Wrist Splint is ergonomically designed for patients from pediatrics through adults to hold the wrist, forearm, and hand in the ideal position for IV therapy. Traditional armboards are flat and opaque, unnecessarily stretching out ligaments and obscuring the nurse’s view of the IV insertion site. The unique openings on the TLC Wrist Splint allow nurses to Touch, Look, and Compare the arm with the IV catheter to check for early signs of complications such as infiltration and extravasation, which can lead to compartment syndrome.
TLC Wrist Splint Features
- Easily assess palmar side of hand and forearm through openings.
- Cupped shape supports forearm and centers arm on splint.
- Ergonomic design eliminates edges digging into tissue.
- Soft straps are easy to apply and adjust to prevent restriction of circulation.
- Adjustable Velcro® tabs eliminate over-taping of fragile skin.
- Maximizes dwell time, minimizes the need for painful, traumatic restarts.
- Universal design fits either hand. Available without straps.
- Designed for use with any I.V. House site protection product.